Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm going to BLOW ....

My belly is 46 inches huge! Woe to me!

Yesterday, I spent most of the day at the hospital. Everything appeared normal and they sent me home. Then, I got word this morning that things were NOT as fine as they appeared and that Baby B was losing fluid in the sac. If you must know, I wore makeup and straightened my hair for the big occasion! Why not! ;)
Everything happened so quickly! I remember being in a holding room getting prepped and watching Y&R. Don't laugh. Why should I miss it just because I was having a c-section in a matter of minutes! ;)

I was wheeled into the operating room around 515pm and by 555pm, I had delivered two beautiful BABY BOYS into the world! Wesley recorded every moment of the delivery, which I will forever cherish. In fact, I watch the video every so often and it still brings tears to my eyes.

Thoughts on having a cesarian section:
I didn't enjoy having an IV or a cathether inserted, nor did I care for the epidural but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. Lying on the hospital table was strange. My OB told me that I'd feel her tugging. Well, I didn't feel her tugging. I thought I was flying (and no, I wasn't sedated haha)! Recovering from a c-section was not easy. In fact, I am still recovering 6 weeks later.

No comments: