Monday, March 3, 2008

I like to move it MOVE IT ...

This month was a true test of my abilities to sing and perform while being very pregnant! I was quite impressed with myself. One might even say that I could give Jennifer Lopes a run for her money! I'm just saying .... If she can do it with twins, so can I ...

Our band, Groovessentials, performed at a private party on February 23rd at the Burlington Atrium Centre and were a bit hit! We performed four sets throughout the evening, each set containing 45 minutes of dance music (so I could have a decent break in between). By the end of the night, I was exhausted, but it was well worth the effort. I really learned something about myself that night ... I really can do anything!

Here are some pictures from the gig - I'm 21 weeks pregnant!



A week later, we performed at Sam Sherratt Public School for 600 screaming kids between grades 1 through 8. The kids were super excited - they were our best audience yet! I loved how I could make them do whatever I wanted! I had them dancing and screaming at the top of their lungs. If I punched my fists in the air, they would copy me. And they went nuts for Iva's favourite song "Umbrella" (ella ella eh eh eh). When we were done, we spent an hour signing autographs - it was hilarious!
This gig was fun and bittersweet - this will be our last gig for a while! Paul's wife Jess is also having a baby (we're due on the same day) so we thought it was best to break until our babies are born!

No comments: