Monday, April 28, 2008

no more WORKA for me!

So today was my last day at work at Vale Inco. I am now 2 days shy of 29 weeks, so it was time for me to take that much needed break before the babies arrive.

It was much harder on me than I thought it would be to leave my job and colleagues behind and I have been pulling in a lot of overtime to get things organised for my replacement. Unfortunately, this week, we found out that our department will be re-structured in the coming months. Basically, that means that most of my colleagues will be either relocating to other departments or leaving the company for good, which was terribly upsetting for me to hear.

Around 200pm this afternoon, my colleagues threw me and Belinda a baby shower in our honour (Belinda is going on her maternity leave in two weeks). We were both spoiled rotten and received tons of very thoughtful gifts from our team. My colleague Beena gave a very touching speech and we all enjoyed a little cheer before the day was through. Here are a few photos.



I can't believe the timing. I actually feel very grateful that I got pregnant when I did because it means that I don't have to worry about my job or employment status right now. When I'm ready to return to work, I will explore my options then. For now, I am concentrating on my health and our beautiful babies!

No comments: