Sunday, May 11, 2008

A very happy Mothers Day indeed!

Mother's Day was super special this year! I couldn't help but think that in a few short weeks, my mum will be a first time grandmother and I will become a mother of two! How crazy is that!

Wesley and I had my mum, dad, and sister over for lunch and it was one of my favourite visits so far this year. We sat down to a fantastic meal (thanks in large part to Wesley and his culinary skills) and a yummy dessert! It was a perfect afternoon although I think someone possessed my father while he was here. He only drank two beers. He didn't touch my laptop once. He didn't turn on the TV. And he finally touched my belly and got to feel his grandkids kick. I think he's turning soft on me! I can't wait to see what happens once the twins are born!

That evening, Wesley and I drove to Niagara-on-the-Lake to meet up with an old friend of mine from California. Max was in town for a wedding, so we decided to meet up for dinner with his parents Roger and Gail, his wife Meaghan, and their 5 month old son Noah. I can't believe 8 years has gone by since I last saw Max and his family! It was very surreal - like time stood still. Needless to say, I'm really happy I got to spend some time with them! I always loved his family!

No comments: